The process of buying a new heating or cooling system is stressful enough without having to worry about installation mistakes. However, the reality is that when you buy a new unit and skimp on the installation details, it can cost you a lot of money in the short and long term. This is why many professional companies that offer Scottsdale HVAC installation offer full service sales, installation and maintenance programs designed to save homeowners money – while also protecting their investment for years to come.
Here are three of the most common installation preparation mistakes to avoid that will ensure your install goes off without a hitch.
First – Only Work with Professionally Licensed HVAC Contractors
One of the most common mistakes that some homeowners make is working with a contractor that offers them what they assume is ‘the best deal’. However, when you peel back the layers of their offer and do some simple checks on their background, experience or simple certification – you’ll quickly discover that appearances can often be deceiving. This is why it’s always recommended to work with a licensed HVAC contractor that offers AC installation for Scottsdale homes. There are a few ways you can determine how good a contractor is at providing service quickly and easily:
- Check with the BBB. The Better Business Bureau is dedicated to helping consumers find scrupulous contractors and companies. If a contractor is on the BBB bad list – walk away.
- Check Angieslist.com. Another great resource for consumer reports from actual homeowners is Angieslist.com.
- Ask your friends and families who they work with in Scottsdale.
Second – Make Sure the Area is Clean for the Installers
The second HVAC installation mistake to avoid is not a mistake at all. It’s more of a courtesy as a matter of fact. When AC contractors in Scottsdale prepare for an installation, one of the biggest hurdles is navigating the area around where the installation will be completed. A great help for these professionals is to contact them ahead of time to ask them if there are any special modifications or areas they need prepared in advance of the install. This does several things for the AC contractors:
- First, it ensures a safe working environment
- Second, it reduced the amount of prep time for them
- Third, it can save you money if the installation is billed at an hourly rate
Third – Make Sure Correct Paperwork is in Order for Install
According to Angieslist.com, one of the biggest complaints that customer often have with contractors is lack of clear communication or issues with misleading paperwork. By all means, don’t assume that any company that will complete Scottsdale AC install will be 100% perfect. Mistakes can – and often do occur with some paperwork issues, such as billing information, warranty coverage and other details that are critical to protect you – the customer. Take time to review your complete installation, sales, service and maintenance contract with the Scottsdale hvac installation company before any services are rendered.
Have questions about installing an HVAC unit? Scottsdale Air and their experienced service technicians can answer any question you have about the HVAC installation process. Call 480.359.7141 today!
Read related articles:
- Best AC Systems for the Extreme Temperatures in Scottsdale, AZ
- How Air Conditioning Maintenance In Scottsdale Saves You Money
- AC Service for Scottsdale Residences: Is Annual AC Maintenance Necessary?
Scottsdale HVAC Installation Preparation Mistakes to Avoid